Aldeburgh Golf Club, Saxmundham Road, Aldeburgh, UK
Aldeburgh Golf Club welcomes visitors to both the Championship and the River Course on weekdays and weekends throughout the year.
“And for anyone who, given the choice between a literary talk in Aldeburgh and a round of golf, would guiltily opt for the latter, the Aldeburgh Golf Club is within easy reach and, as important, notably friendly and unstuffy” Craig Brown in ‘The Oldie’ magazine.
The Championship Course
Aldeburgh’s Championship Course is built on sandy heathland but has the feel of a links on many of the holes. A visit in the winter is particularly enjoyable as the course plays beautifully, with no need for preferred lies, temporary tees or greens.
- The Championship course is for golfers with handicap certificates
- The Championship Course is solely for 2 ball golf in singles or foursomes
- Traditional golfing attire is requested. Tailored shorts must be matched with knee length socks. Jeans, tee-shirts and trainers are not acceptable
- Rounds are generally played within 3 hours
- It is always advisable to book before your arrival and essential at weekends
- Green fees should be paid to the Club Professional prior to play
- Payment of green fees provides full access to the Club House and its facilities
Booking For The Championship Course
Individuals and small groups (up to 8 players) wishing to play the Championship Course are requested to telephone the Professional’s shop on 01728 453 309. Larger groups or Societies are requested to telephone the Secretary’s office on 01728 452 890.
The River Course
The River Course stands on the opposite side of the Saxmundham Road to the Clubhouse and Championship Course. It has nine interesting holes with challenging, sloping greens and a selection of par 4s and par 3s with beautiful views over the River Alde. There are no bunkers, but stands of old pines, gorse and other natural hazards combine to make the course a challenge to experienced golfer whilst still being entirely suitable for the beginner or novice.
The River Course is available to visitors at any time the Professional’s shop is open.
- Beginners and novices welcome
- No handicap certificate required
- 3 and 4 ball play permitted
- Clubs available for hire from the Professional’s shop
- Green fees are to be paid to the Professional prior to play